San Diego Corporate Lawyer
We Form and Dissolve California Corporate Entities
Both the formation and dissolution of a company comes with a vast array of legal hurdles. Our skilled San Diego business formation and dissolution attorneys have over 65 years of experience in business formation and can help entities open their doors—or close them—in an efficient manner.
Contact Charles “Chip” Purdy or call (858) 360-7080 regarding the formation or dissolution of your California entity.
Why Choose Purdy & Bailey LLP to Form Your New California Corporation or LLC?
First, from your initial telephone call to your “wrap up” meeting---either in person or virtual---with Chip, we will work together to make sure that your specific needs are met and that you really and truly understand all the documentation required to form your entity. In short, you will receive a “personal touch” that is simply not available from the many online formation services.
Second, the entity formation will be “turn key” in all respects, meaning when you leave our office or following completion of our virtual meeting, you will be able to go straight to the bank and open an account and also be armed with the knowledge to move your enterprise forward.
Third, we offer---at no additional charge and in perpetuity---to be your new entity’s designated agent for service of process, meaning if your entity is ever sued, the process server will visit our office and not yours.
Fourth, we offer competitive flat fee pricing.
Our specific tasking includes:
- Researching and reserving a corporate name
- Preparing and filing your Articles of Incorporation or Articles of Organization with the California Secretary of State
- Filing Employer Identification SS-4 with the IRS
- Drafting of Bylaws and Certificate of Secretary
- Drafting of Operating Agreement for LLCs
- Drafting of Minutes of First Meeting of Board of Directors (including Acceptances of Directorships and Offices)
- Drafting of Representations of Shareholders to ensure securities compliance
- Preparation of Share Certificates
- Notation of Share Ledger
- Provision of Annual Shareholder and Board Minutes in WORD for use in the future
We offer additional services following the formation of your new California entity, including:
- Assistance with licensing by administrative entities
- Assistance with branding
- Assistance with set-up of payroll
- Assistance with insurance questions
- Assistance with the drafting and review of agreements
- Registration of foreign corporations in California
We can help determine what type of entity is best suited to your business:
- California C corporation
- California S corporation
- California Limited Liability Company (LLCs)
- California General or Limited Partnership
- California Non-Profit Organization
Other factors you will need to take into consideration include:
- Drafting shareholder agreements
- Drafting partnership agreements and business contracts
- Avoiding corporate board impasse/deadlock
- Creating a succession plan
- Dissolving your entity and wrapping up its affairs
Call Charles “Chip” Purdy at (858) 360-7080 to discuss the formation of your California entity.
What Are the Advantages of Forming a C or S Corporation?
There are many advantages to forming a C or S corporation. Although it is owned by shareholders who elect a board of directors that make business decisions and manage policies, it is treated as an independent entity. When owners or shareholders change or die, the corporation will continue to exist.
Owners have limited liability, which means they are not held personally liable for debt incurred by the corporation and they cannot be sued as individuals due to any wrongdoing by the corporation.
Contact Purdy & Bailey, LLP for Corporate Guidance
Whether you are seeking to form a business entity or are considering dissolving one, there is no substitute for competent and understanding advice from an experienced business formation and dissolution attorney in San Diego.
Whether you run a corporation, limited liability company, general partnership or limited partnership, contact our team to get the prompt guidance and assistance that you deserve.
Contact Charles “Chip” Purdy at (858) 360-7080 to discuss the formation of your California entity.
California Corporation Dissolution
Just as corporate entity formation requires keen oversight, so does corporate dissolution. Business owners often overlook many steps when they are engrossed in the process of wrapping up their businesses. With our help, you will feel safe and secure in how your dissolution is being handled and ensure corporate compliance.
How Do I Dissolve My Business Entity?
There are many questions to ask yourself when you begin to consider wrapping up your corporation, such as whether board deadlock/impasse may be problematic. When you have decided to wind down your business, you must take important steps to limit your liability, pay any creditors and properly dissolve the entity.
Some of these steps include:
- Notifying your creditors that you are going out of business.
- Ensuring final tax returns have been filed.
- Settling or paying any remaining debts or liabilities.
- Terminating business contracts.
- Dissolving, surrendering or canceling your entity with the California Secretary of State.
Our San Diego corporate dissolution lawyers can make sure that you have a firm understanding of these rules and regulations, such as:
- Closing out general partnership agreements
- Canceling out-of-state registrations
- And, if necessary, securing tax clearances
Ensure that you comply with California's guidelines for dissolving your business. Call Charles “Chip” Purdy at (858) 360-7080 to discuss the formation of your California entity.
What Our Clients Are Saying
"I was immediately put at ease with the treatment I received and attention to detail. "John G.
“I recommend Purdy and Bailey with a 5 star review.”J.B.
“Purdy and Bailey are the real deal.”J.K.
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready
to help. Complete our form below or call us at
We are Ready When You Are.