A San Diego Business Lawyer Certified by the California State Bar
Charles E. Purdy began practicing law in 1981, with a focus on corporate law, real estate transactions, and business litigation. Throughout his career, Mr. Purdy has tried more than 65 jury trials and has quarterbacked countless transactional matters. He has found that his experience in each of these areas strengthens his knowledge and efficiency in the other legal matters. By understanding how lawsuits arise, he knows how to vet criteria at the transaction and contract stages to prevent legal obstacles later on.
Charles E. Purdy IV, who goes by “Chip,” is not like most lawyers who limit themselves to one specific practice area. Instead, equipped with decades of experience and first-hand knowledge, he can look at any issue within our firm's practice areas and steer you or your company toward a favorable resolution.
- Chip received his Bachelor’s degree with High Honors from the University of Wisconsin (Madison) and graduated magna cum laude from the University of San Diego School of Law.
Licensed to Practice In
- California, 1981
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2005
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1981
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1986
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers (San Diego) – Member
- Enrique S. Camarena Educational Foundation, Inc. – Co-Founder
- Advisory Committee to the Law and Public Safety Program for High School Students – Member
- San Diego County Deputy Sheriff’s Association – Honorary Member
- Wisconsin Historical Society – Member
- Editor and Publisher of “News From The Front” (A periodic review of legal news that affects closely held corporations and property owners)
- Certified by the California State Bar’s Office of Certification to teach fellow lawyers.
Classes & Speaking Engagements
- “Entities with Drama: Conflict Within California Corporations and LLCs”
- “Entity Formation, Operation and Dissolution: The Details”
Chip can examine your situation from all angles and will take the necessary measures to both solve your immediate problems and prevent any future, unforeseen issues from arising if you retain the services of our firm. Thanks to his years of litigation and transactional experience, he knows how to chart a successful navigation strategy for business and property owners.