San Diego Real Estate Lawyer
Navigating Your Real Estate Litigation and Contract
Real estate laws create obstacles for anyone wishing to buy, sell, lease, or manage a property in San Diego. Before you sign an agreement or attempt to enforce the law on your own, speak with a real estate litigation attorney with experience resolving property disputes.
With more than 50 years of combined experience, Purdy & Bailey, LLP can help you navigate the complex laws and statutes that govern real estate transactions. We routinely represent our clients in court for matters concerning boundary disputes, quiet title actions, adverse possession, and breach of contract. Our real estate litigators are ready to take on your case.
Our Practice Areas
At Purdy & Bailey, LLP, we divide our time between litigation and transactional work, and we have found that our experience in one strengthens our proficiency in the other. We see firsthand how oversights in the contract stages can lead to lawsuits later on. Read on to see the types of real estate law cases we handle in San Diego.
- Representation for Buyers and Sellers of Real Property - We offer legal counsel and representation for contract drafting, title searches, zoning laws, and more to ensure you are protected when buying or selling real property, whether commercial or agricultural.
- Commercial Leases - Before locking yourself into a lease agreement, either as a landlord or tenant, seek qualified legal counsel to ensure the protection of your rights. We also provide negotiation and litigation in the event of commercial lease disputes.
Real Estate Litigation - Not every dispute can be solved through negotiation or mediation. We
represent clients who hold valid claims to their property. We can protect
your interests through legal representation, particularly if you have
any of the following issues:
- Specific Performance - If you executed a contract for real estate as a buyer or seller and one party breaches the contract, you may be able to force the party to comply. Our firm has experience enforcing and defending against the specific performance of a contract.
- Eminent Domain - Government agencies may use the eminent domain doctrine to seize private property and use it for public goods.
- Boundary Encroachment, Adverse Possession, and Easements - If a neighbor or entity is encroaching on your real estate boundaries, we can file suit to enforce your property rights. We handle adverse possession claims and defenses, including claims of prescriptive easements. If you are looking to draft or enforce an easement (a legal right-of-way, or permission to enter and/or use property), we work with clients for utility easements and business prescriptive easements.
Speak with an Experienced Real Estate Litigation Lawyer in San Diego
If you are about to sign a contract, wondering what to do about notices you have received, or need to force someone to abide by the conditions listed in a contract, contact a San Diego real estate litigation attorney at Purdy & Bailey, LLP today. Each of our clients face different situations, and we can map out a strategy specific to your legal obstacles.
Call Purdy & Bailey, LLP at (858) 360-7080 to speak with a San Diego real estate law attorney for more information about your legal options.