Business Litigation Attorney San Diego
Offering Representation Rooted in 65+ Years' Collective Experience
Businesses of all types are sure to experience a dispute at some point. These disputes can range from a breach of contract to a disagreement between partners. When unavoidable disputes arise, you need an experienced business litigation lawyer in San Diego who is ready to fight to protect your company's best interests. The team at Purdy & Bailey, LLP has created a firm to help business owners navigate both transactional work and litigation.
Call (858) 360-7080 today to arrange a consultation with our experienced team.
What Does a Business Litigation Attorney Do?
A lawyer who practices business litigation helps clients manage legal issues and disputes that may arise in the course of a business' operations. This can include contract disputes, employment issues, violation of intellectual property rights and other forms of business litigation. A skilled business litigation attorney understands the complexities of such matters and works to resolve issues quickly and efficiently while also providing sound legal advice on how to avoid future disputes. With an understanding of applicable laws and regulations, including corporate law, securities regulations and competition law, a business litigation lawyer provides guidance tailored to the specific needs of their clients.
Through our 65+ collective years of experience as a business litigation lawyers in San Diego, CA, we have developed a keen awareness of how to pair our legal services with your objectives to ensure that your business disputes are resolved quickly and effectively.
What Services Do Your San Diego Business Litigation Attorneys Provide?
At Purdy & Bailey, LLP, our San Diego business litigation lawyers have the knowledge and experience to help businesses of all sizes navigate a variety of legal issues. Our experienced team is well-versed in corporate law, securities regulations and competition law, so we can provide you with tailored advice for your unique situation. With over 65 years of collective experience, we are committed to helping clients protect their interests through sound legal counsel and prompt dispute resolution.
Business owners can turn to our firm for guidance regarding:
- Breach of contract - A breach of contract is the legal cause of action in which a binding agreement was not honored by one or more of the parties to the contract. A breach of contract can also occur through non-performance or interference with another party’s performance of the contract. Remedies for breach of contract include specific performance (forcing the breaching party to fulfill the terms of the contract) and/or monetary damages to make the non-breaching party whole.
- Unfair competition - Unfair competition can occur when the economic, intellectual, and creative investments made by businesses in distinguishing themselves and their products are harmed. Remedies for unfair competition include preliminary or temporary injunctions, temporary restraining orders (TROs), injunctive relief, mandatory injunctions and monetary damages.
- Creditors’ rights - This practice area focuses on the protection of creditors’ ability to collect money that is owed. There are a number of ways to legally collect payment for a debt owed, including obtaining a judgment, executing a lien and garnishment of a debtor’s wages. We record mechanic liens, and we execute mechanic lien releases when the debt has been paid. Our firm works with businesses acting as creditors as well as companies winding down and paying their liabilities.
- Transactional work - Transactional work—including but not limited to incorporation and entity formation, employee policy handbooks, business contracts, commercial leases—must be done properly from the beginning to give your company a strong foundation of support.
With our wealth of experience dating back to 1981, we understand the needs of local businesses across the state. Let our firm help you maneuver through necessary transactional work and business litigation to forward your goals!
What Happens if Your Company Is Involved in a Business Dispute?
Litigation is the process of bringing a lawsuit to remedy a problem or defending against a lawsuit brought against your company. Solid transactional work is your best defense against litigation.
Although having proper transactional work minimizes liability and can avoid many disputes, litigation may be necessary when unavoidable problems arise involving other businesses, vendors, landlords or tenants, employees, insurance adjusters or an administrative agency.
As seasoned business litigation lawyers serving San Diego, CA, we bring successful plaintiff and defense strategies to the table when the situation requires it. Clients can turn to us when they are facing heated disputes or simply want to take steps to avoid litigation in the future.
What Damages Can Businesses Recover through Commercial Litigation?
Businesses can seek damages for their losses when litigation is necessary. Damages are awarded to compensate a business for economic losses, such as loss of profits, or non-economic losses, such as breach of contract or tortious interference with contractual relations. Businesses may even be awarded punitive damages if the other party acted in an especially egregious manner. In short, when litigation becomes necessary, businesses can often obtain compensation to make up for their losses due to the opposing party’s conduct.
Other damages businesses can receive compensation for include, but are not limited to:
- Intentional Interference with Business Relationships/Contracts: If a third party intentionally interferes with an existing or prospective business relationship, businesses can seek compensation for the harm caused.
- Fraudulent Misrepresentation/Misleading Advertising Claims: Companies that have suffered economic loss due to fraudulent misrepresentation or misleading advertising claims can recover financial compensation.
Our San Diego business litigation lawyers at Purdy & Bailey, we bring dedication and experience to the forefront when helping to secure all of your legal needs and implement your business goals.
Contact our business litigation attorneys in San Diego at(858) 360-7080 to have your company’s current strategies reviewed.
What Our Clients Are Saying
"I was immediately put at ease with the treatment I received and attention to detail. "John G.
“I recommend Purdy and Bailey with a 5 star review.”J.B.
“Purdy and Bailey are the real deal.”J.K.
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready
to help. Complete our form below or call us at
We are Ready When You Are.