Both the formation and dissolution of a company comes with a vast array of legal hurdles. Our skilled San Diego business formation and dissolution attorneys have over 65 years of experience in business formation and can help entities open their doors—or close them—in an efficient manner.
Why Choose Purdy & Bailey LLP to Form Your New California Corporation or LLC?
First, from your initial telephone call to your “wrap up” meeting---either in person or virtual---with Chip, we will work together to make sure that your specific needs are met and that you really and truly understand all the documentation required to form your entity. In short, you will receive a “personal touch” that is simply not available from the many online formation services.
Second, the entity formation will be “turn key” in all respects, meaning when you leave our office or following completion of our virtual meeting, you will be able to go straight to the bank and open an account and also be armed with the knowledge to move your enterprise forward.
Third, we offer---at no additional charge and in perpetuity---to be your new entity’s designated agent for service of process, meaning if your entity is ever sued, the process server will visit our office and not yours.
Finally, we offer competitive flat fee pricing.
Contact Charles “Chip” Purdy or call 858-360-7080 to schedule a courtesy evaluation regarding the formation of your business entity in San Diego.
Business Formation Lawyers in San Diego
Choosing the right type of business entity is essential to starting your venture off on the right foot. Different types of business entity have different features relating to liability, taxation, management, and ownership. The San Diego business formation lawyers at Purdy & Bailey, LLP can help you determine the right type of entity for your California business that will help you meet your goals and fulfill your potential.
Purdy & Bailey, LLP offers the following CA business formation services:
- Researching and reserving a corporate name
- Preparing and filing your Articles of Incorporation or Articles of Organization with the California Secretary of State
- Filing Employer Identification SS-4 with the IRS
- Drafting of Bylaws and Certificate of Secretary
- Drafting of Operating Agreement for LLCs
- Drafting of Minutes of First Meeting of Board of Directors (including Acceptances of Directorships and Offices)
- Drafting of Representations of Shareholders to ensure securities compliance
- Preparation of Share Certificates
- Notation of Share Ledger
- Provision of Annual Shareholder and Board Minutes in WORD for use in the future
We offer additional services following the formation of your new California entity, including:
- Assistance with licensing by administrative entities
- Assistance with branding
- Assistance with set-up of payroll
- Assistance with insurance questions
- Assistance with the drafting and review of agreements
- Registration of foreign corporations in California
We can help determine what type of entity is best suited to your business:
- California C corporation
- California S corporation
- California Limited Liability Company (LLCs)
- California General or Limited Partnership
- California Non-Profit Organization
Other factors you will need to take into consideration include:
- Drafting shareholder agreements
- Drafting partnership agreements and business contracts
- Avoiding corporate board impasse/deadlock
- Creating a succession plan
- Dissolving your entity and wrapping up its affairs
What Are the Advantages of Forming a C or S Corporation?
There are many advantages to forming a C or S corporation. Although it is owned by shareholders who elect a board of directors that make business decisions and manage policies, it is treated as an independent entity. When owners or shareholders change or die, the corporation will continue to exist.
Owners have limited liability, which means they are not held personally liable for debt incurred by the corporation and they cannot be sued as individuals due to any wrongdoing by the corporation.
Call Charles “Chip” Purdy at 858-360-7080 to discuss the formation of your California entity.
Our Business Dissolution Services in San Diego
Just as business entity formation requires keen oversight, so does business dissolution. Business owners often overlook many steps when they are engrossed in the process of wrapping up their businesses. With our help, you will feel safe and secure in how your dissolution is being handled and ensure corporate compliance.
How Do I Dissolve My Business Entity?
There are many questions to ask yourself when you begin to consider wrapping up your corporation, such as whether board deadlock/impasse may be problematic. When you have decided to wind down your business, you must take important steps to limit your liability, pay any creditors and properly dissolve the entity.
Some of these steps include:
- Notifying your creditors that you are going out of business.
- Ensuring final tax returns have been filed.
- Settling or paying any remaining debts or liabilities.
- Terminating business contracts.
- Dissolving, surrendering or canceling your entity with the California Secretary of State.
Our San Diego business dissolution lawyers can make sure that you have a firm understanding of these rules and regulations, such as:
- Closing out general partnership agreements
- Canceling out-of-state registrations
- And, if necessary, securing tax clearances
Ensure that you comply with California's guidelines for dissolving your business. Call Charles “Chip” Purdy at 858-360-7080 to discuss the formation of your California entity.
Why You Should Utilize Our Firm to Form Your Business As Opposed to Online Legal Services
At Purdy & Bailey, LLP, we are committed to providing all of our clients with top-notch legal services that support them at each phase of the formation or dissolution of their companies. Unlike online services that claim to offer cheap legal assistance for business owners, our business formation lawyers bring 65+ years of combined experience to every case we handle, and we understand that building personal relationships is an important part of representing our client’s best interests. That is why we are here to assess your unique situation so we can devise a tailor-made legal strategy that meets the needs of your business plan.
When you choose Purdy & Bailey, LLP to help with your business formation, you do not have to worry about being asked to “upgrade” services if you want specific information as is the case with online “do-it-yourself” legal services. Our goal is to provide you with the answers you need to protect your business interests, not sell you on extra services that won’t actually help your business.
Lastly, there are no hidden fees or penalties for filing your case when you hire our law firm to represent you. We always provide honest, upfront pricing for all of our legal services, so you don’t have to worry about incurring surprise costs just to get your business up and running.
Contact Purdy & Bailey, LLP for Business Guidance
Whether you are seeking to form a business entity or are considering dissolving one, there is no substitute for competent and understanding advice from an experienced business formation and dissolution attorney in San Diego.
Whether you run a business, limited liability company, general partnership or limited partnership, contact our team to get the prompt guidance and assistance that you deserve.
Contact Charles “Chip” Purdy at 858-360-7080 to discuss the formation of your California entity.
"I was immediately put at ease with the treatment I received and attention to detail. "John G.
“I recommend Purdy and Bailey with a 5 star review.”J.B.
“Purdy and Bailey are the real deal.”J.K.