Contract disputes are unfortunately one of the costs of doing business. They’re unexpected, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be prepared. Investing in an experienced business lawyer can give you the protection you need to resolve a legal altercation with minimal damage. Let’s take a look at several types of contract disputes that frequently occur:
- Breach of Contract: Disputes often arise out of contracts because they are incomplete or unclear. Each party interprets the language differently, usually for their own benefit, resulting in one party failing to honor their end of the agreement.
- Partnership Disputes: These disputes occur when the partners disagree as to what is in the best interest of their business. Arguments over financial compensation or leadership roles can quickly lead to a dispute.
- Business to Business Disagreements: If one business perceives another business’ actions as being unfair or deceptive within the free market, litigation can arise.
- Covenants Not to Compete: A business can ask their employees to sign non-compete agreements, which bind the employee not to engage in similar business practices for a set period of time in a specific location. On occasion, these agreements can be overly broad and unenforceable, which is why they need to be drafted carefully.
- General Liability: If you own property with pedestrian traffic, there’s the chance that someone will slip and fall and injure themselves. If this happens, you can be held accountable. Any injuries that occur on a business property have the potential to result in a legal dispute.
If your business is facing a dispute, please contact San Diego business contract attorneys at Purdy & Bailey, A Law Firm. We can help you resolve matters as quickly as possible to prevent unnecessary costs and expenses. Let us help you navigate your legal matters and protect your assets and interests.
To learn more, call (858) 360-7080 or contact us online.